And so I face the final curtain
This post should be a lengthy one where I spend time pondering what the three and a half years at River Farm Smokery mean (or have meant) to me. I should reminisce and maybe even emote about days gone by. I want to do this. Sitting down and thinking about this adventure, so nearly at an end, would be cathartic (or is that arthritic). I always promised that I would do the same about my last job. But I don’t think I ever did.
This time, something may happen. This post may prove not to be the last post. The final FIN. The End of the Line for Salt and Woodsmoke (dot com). Let us consider it a holding place. A temporary full stop that tells everyone that the journey that was the key ingredient for Salt and Woodsmoke has ended. But hey, you may want to revisit it in time to see if anything has changed at all.
So here are the facts:
- In 2 days time I will permanently leave River Farm Smokery
- I am leaving to move to Settignano (Florence) for 10 months
- I have worked at River Farm Smokery for three and a half years
- I am a (dis)qualified smoker who will now become a house husband/stay-at-home dad/man-of-leisure
- I have no idea what my next paid job of work will be
- There will be a new blog or two
- And don’t forget Twitter
- River Farm Smokery products will remain of the highest quality and savour
Posted: July 21st, 2009 under .